Friday, October 7, 2011

Beauty in Autumn


Bee working over some broccoli gone to seed in the potager.

I have to admit that sometimes I have a hard time seeing the beauty in fall. Taking a page from DebiO, a great photographer, art teacher, and joy giver to the north; I decided to see if I could digitally capture some beauty amongst the garden decay. This post is what I came up with this bright and beautiful fall day.


Purple Dome aster



The bees do like the asters. This is one tired and cold bee this morning, not even moving when I first came upon him, he finally decided to wake up and smell the pollen.


The blue skies as the perfect backdrop for my sugar maple planted nine years ago. It is a seedling of maples my father moved from his swamp to my parents' backyard when I was 12. My father taps them and makes maple sugar each spring.


Cotinus coggygia 'Nordine' dappled in dew.


I don't know what is with this celery 'Tango', but it has grown more like par-cel than celery this season.


By the way, anyone lucky enough to have their child in DebiO's art classes or actually be a student in one of her classes, you are truly blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment