Thursday, October 13, 2011

One of My Favorite Fall Flowers


Once you get past the asters and beautiful colors of foliage on shrubs and trees and their changing leaves, one of my favorites is this old fashion chrysanthemum. I
think they have split this species off into dendranthemum these days. The gardener that gave me didn't have a name for it. I think it may be something called the Sheffield daisy. If it is not, it is pretty close.

It needs some space and can grow into a bushy three feet by three feet, if given the space and enough water during the hotter summer months. The nice frothy pinkness loaded with bloom is a welcome addition with the blues, purples, and hot pinks of my aster tribe.

And did I mention it is almost the same color as my pink house?

You gotta laugh with these flowers!

No comments:

Post a Comment