Sunday, December 18, 2011

It's Sunday and a Lazy One at That...


This moss rose is named 'Henri Martin', but that is probably incorrect.  It is a moss rose, probably 'Jacques Cartier'.



Always a wonderful idea, this arbor is covered with two different roses and a clematis.


This musk rose is a lot of fun.


I think this is John Cabot or William Baffin, both of the Canadian Explorer Series, both look very similar.



'Dainty Bess' rose, one I need to find for my garden, I think.

...so I thought I would share a couple of my favorite pictures from this year. (So lazy I didn't finish posting this until Monday morning.)

I think I need to try much harder with my roses after collecting these pictures taken at the Chicago Botanical Gardens this past summer. I have selected some good varieties for central Wisconsin, but there are some things I could do better.

Fertilize more.

Water more.

Cut back plants around them, and weed better around their roots.

Tie up all my climbers.

Prune more effectively.

Enjoy!


1 comment: