Thursday, December 29, 2011

My Inbox


Just like my inbox, my mailbox can be empty or overflowing. I went to my mailbox and what to my wondering eyes should appear, but a survey from the Arbor Foundation and a bunch seed catalogs.

After I took the picture here for my blog, I noticed the veggies, particularly the cherry tomatoes seem so real they could be picked up off the Burpee plate. I haven't looked at the prices but this 3D macro photography effect surely explains the higher prices of their seed, I suppose.

I saved a lot of seed last year, so I'm not sure how much seed I will be buying. The last items to go into the family garden were four sweet cherry trees, 'Lapins'. My brother is pleased with our harvest, although we did have some squash that were either under ripe or did not cure properly and they rotted.

We do want to continue to add fruit to our garden, particularly pears, and possibly peaches. I have had some limited success with 'Reliance'.

I wish the Miller's catalogue was among the pile!

I also would like to add some non-gluten grains to our mix.

This spring also will be bringing a new baby to the mix. So while the soil waits and the strawberries and blueberries sleep, I will be plotting and planning about their growing neighbors, eventually getting the grow room working again.

Looks like I have some winter reading material!

No comments:

Post a Comment