Saturday, January 14, 2012

Think Pink!

"This one, I think, is called a Yink.
He likes to wink, he likes to drink.
He likes to drink, and drink, and drink.
The thing he likes to drink is ink.
The ink he likes to drink is pink.
He likes to wink and drink pink ink.
SO…
If you have a lot of ink,
you should get a Yink, I think."
-- From Dr. Suess


Pink flamingo composed of pink striped bromeliads, from the Chicago botanical Gardens greenhouse

I have a pink house, so pink always has a place in my garden. Enjoy these fun pink plants I saw last year.


Pink Asiatic lily at my house

'Pink Fairy' is a ground cover type of rose. I have been trying to establish it as a blooming hedge along my pink house.

'Invincible Spirit' pink hydrangea related to 'Annabelle', making it a cold hardy to zone 3 colored hydrangea, picture taken at Olbrich Botanical Gardens.

'Invincible Spirit'


A chance mutation so a dark-leaved plant can express the pink tone of this chlorophyll producing gene.

I grow this one in a pot indoors, but take cuttings for pots, 'Lana Angelwing' begonia.

3 comments:

  1. Is it June yet??? gorgeous gorgeous pink photos, my dear!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Over the years, pink has been at the top of my list of favorite colors. In nature, it has so many beautiful variations...as you have portrayed wonderfully here. Welcome to Blotanical!

    ReplyDelete