Sunday, August 5, 2012

Free Range Tomatoes


Yesterday I caught about ten minutes of Garrison Keillor doing his NPR show segment on "Guy Noir, Detective". In it Guy is investigating something to do with free range organic bourbon whiskey.

It was silly, especially the certification requirements for the "free-range organic"label.

So here I have my first tomatoes, and they are not tomatoes I started as seed in the dark of late winter. No, they are seeds that came in with some municipal compost two years ago and which have sprouted and reseeded two years now in my shrub border, in the unlikely location alongside my alleyway.

There you have it. Free range, certainly. I have just sort of "captured" them.

Like Jurassic Park, "Life will find a way."

I think I'll save seed this year, sort of like an heirloom.

More farm market art:




And I don't usually cut bouquets for indoors, but it's Sunday.



Have a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment