Sunday, April 13, 2014

Life's Short, Wear Sparkles When You Can

Two of my favorite "sparkles"
My neighbor Andrea is an ambitious woman.  She might not be even 30, although I assume she must be.  She sure seems to have her head screwed on straighter than most at her age.  This is fortunate as she is raising five children, almost unheard of in this day and age.  I am not sure I had it quite so together as she when I was her age.

She and her brood were making the trip from door to SUV while I was working in my front yard and two of the younger girls traipsed across the alleyway so I could admire their latest clothing choices.  One had a ballerina's tutu, possibly the tiara as well, cute patent leather flats with rhinestones and flowers, and leopard print tights.  The other was equally done up in some satiny, silky flowing material with rhinestones and her fav, latest wardrobe addition (I think because of the color), a turquoise quilted vest hugging her from shoulder to knee.

Although their older sister is studying ballet, neither of these two girls do, but the casual observer would think them on their way to some production of some sort.  I knew better this was not the case.

They were very cute.  Sparkly.

Andrea lets them put together their own wardrobes and wear what they like whenever they like (nearly all the time...she draws the line at tiaras in church).  They take great joy and care in their choices. I find their choices openly amusing and charming.

She called to her daughters to come back and get in the car.   In greeting, I called back, "Life's short, wear sparkles when you can!" 

It stopped her short.  "Yes, it is isn't it.  I'm going to put that on a wall."

Yes, Andrea, it is.  Don't save the good dishes for company or your favorite outfit for a special occasion.  Life is short.

Sparkle!

No comments:

Post a Comment