Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Surprise Survivor


Last year, I grew from seed some of the furry salvias, 'Silver Sage'.  I had about eight.  As I was starting to cut back and clean up the garden I may have removed a couple.  My garden clean up was abruptly interrupted early last fall when I fractured my acetabulum. This spring, in my first pass through, I could have easily pulled them out as well.  As you know, I work slowly and in small bits these days, so it it not a surprise that I missed two of these beauties which have now decided to get going and grow.  With all my losses from the brutal winter, it is exciting to think these plants treated as annuals here, are growing.  These do not flower as annuals, but this year as two-year old plants, I look forward to a rare treat, and the collection of seed from this hardy duo.

1 comment: