Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Chanticleer Garden

Pillars with the chicken from which the play on the French word chanticlere Chanticleer is named.
I went on vacation. Gardens would be favored on any vacation. Chanticleer Garden was my favorite. My brother-in-law was quick to point out that the gardens broke all the rules. There was a certain adventurous disregard for balance of color and form and placement of plants. The result was lots of drama and division of large spaces into much more manageable and view-able spaces. The play of light and dark tones was most noticeable without the expected colors from middle ranges.



My son Austin and brother-in-law Jay and sister Chari.

Crape myrtle, I wish this grew here!


Lots of large leafed potted tropicals filled in the patio spaces.











No comments:

Post a Comment