Sunday, April 21, 2013

Sprinter Snows

Out the door, it would be nice to eventually plant that planter...
 I am seriously going to have a conversation with the village Snow Witch.  I am seriously concerned about the vitality of plants when they spend an additional two months dormant.  The high today was 42 degrees, no sun.  For the most part, the mid-day snow melted by sunset.

Scene today down the street

My best view across the street

Nothing is growing, Nothing is budding.  After last summer's drought and extreme heat, this long dormancy might be especially bad for shrubs, trees, hay fields, dormant bulbs.  I'm not sure where this strange weather is taking us.  I think a very cool growing season. 

I hope not.

1 comment:

  1. That's it. I think you should gather all your extended family, pack up your stuff and tie it to the tops of your cars, and form a caravan heading west to California. Tell them you are refugees. Oh, and print out the lyrics to some old Woody Guthrie songs.

    ReplyDelete