Thursday, May 9, 2013

What's My Line?

Something blue in my garden, not sure if its some sort of species hyacinth?

Anybody? (What is this, or in that very old TV show, "What's my line?") There's only one, so I'm really at a loss.  I never buy just one bulb.


Clematis alpina 'Blue Dancer'
Bought late summer on sale, buried way deep, I obsessed on watering, fertilizer.  When it started to emerge this spring I dumped another spade-full of dirt on top. Now it seems so vigorous, I'm worried 'Blue Dancer' is really 'Blue Thug'!  I'm crossing my fingers for a wild flush of bloom!  (But, I'm afraid not, clematis Group 1, and not a lot of growth from last year. Probably 2014 is really its year.)

2 comments:

  1. It for sure looks like a hyacinth. The ones at my place just started blooming and I have one that looks very similar to this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I almost bought one of those alpina blue clematis vines about a month ago, but I had no idea where I'd put it. If it turns out you love it, I'll try harder next time to think of a spot!

    ReplyDelete