Saturday, June 20, 2015

For All the Mosaic Garden Artists


This was created by laying stone into a form in the shape of a humming bird which was first filled with a couple inches of wet cement.  The stone was pressed into the cement before it dried. I do not think this is the final look as the stacks of stone chips were sitting off to the left of the piece. Currently, it is about 2-3" higher than the surrounding pea gravel, which could be filled into level the height.  I wish I could say it is my work, but it is not.  I captured this image at a local independent nursery, Russell's, just west of Plainfield, WI. The spaces between the stone were not filled with any material at this point, but I would think that might be a likely next step.

A beautiful project!

No comments:

Post a Comment