Friday, March 22, 2019

Gardens to Plan



I find I am having a hard time finding time to outline my garden plans this year. I have three major garden projects in the offing for the growing season. First after my non-gardening garden year of 2018, which I spent in a hospital bed and a rehab facility after my accident; I really don't know what is still growing in my own garden. My neighbor complained of a lot of loss from the bad winter and spring. My friend, who runs a garden center, said as much too. Second, my son and his girlfriend are buying a house. Handsome Son doesn't seem like he should be adulting this much, but life goes on and there he is-- all grown. Thirdly, my boyfriend (yes, gasp!) wants a veggie garden and a display bed, too. This last a promise from last year that did not fruit under the conditions of my accident.

I have started petunia cuttings, which are numerous and look quite captivating.

I have drawn a basic plan for the space at my son's house.

I have started some seeds for some perennials and annuals (to fill space this year).

I have chosen some veggie seeds.

I will be giving four different gardening seminars this year at the garden center: Pinching Perennials, Pruning your Shrubs, Great Ground Covers, and Things that Climb.

So keep checking back. I will try to go through these projects in a step by step fashion so you can learn along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment