Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Mail Call



Crocosmia - x crocosmiiflora 'Emberglow'
Gladiolus Frizzled Coral Lace

Gladiolus - callianthus 'Murielae'

Brent and Becky's Bulbs is sold out of my choices above.

I also purchased this Alocasia 'Borneo Giant'.  It came in a box two feet long.  It was still a baby at 6-8", but I'm thinking a little shot of heat in transport and it might have filled out that shipping box.

Two days without snow on the ground, although I did still have frost on my windshield this morning.  Most of these bulbs will get some sort of start indoors.

2 comments:

  1. Crocosmia - that's a plant I've meant to grow for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Used to be a time you could pick up crocosima 'Lucifer' and the peacock glads at the big boxes. I haven't seen them lately, too bad. Crocosima (any of them) are very easy and very worthy! Just be sure to dig them like dahlias. Even in IL I could not get them to perennialize for me.

    ReplyDelete