Saturday, June 25, 2016

A Rock Gardener

 
Walking to the library with two of my nephews, one of the Gardening Twins and the toddler who has no gardening experience what so ever, the older nephew spurts out, "I want to make a rock garden."

I am a bit perplexed at this. Where ever would he have heard this term?

I clarify.

"A garden of rocks or a garden of plants?"

"Rocks and plants," he replies without any hesitation.

"I have an area I do not like. We could make one there." I caution, "We can't start until after I get done with summer school next week and we would have to collect some rocks from the farm."

"Can't we start now?" he asks like any avid gardener with a project.

At seven, he knows what sort of garden he would like to try. He has already had quite a bit of experience with flower and vegetable gardens.

I have been mulling it over and tweaking with this plant and that, but without further consideration, a rock garden it will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment